There are three breeds of pig that have their origin in the Basque Country, which are the Euskal Txerri, the Chato Vitoriano and the Baztanese, and among them only the Euskal Txerri still survives. Discover a magical place in this tour, where a family is preserving this breed, learn all about the history of how they are making this possible. We will see the pigs grazing free in an amazing lanscape, and they will teach us how to prepare delicious sausages such as Jamón de Bellota, palette, loin, cured sausage, fresh sausage, the salami, the sausage, the Lukainka (artisan sausage), marinated bacon...
An unforgettable experience!
TO MAKE A BOOKING:
Choose the day by clicking on the booking calendar and the box will change to dark gray. Then send us your information by email by filling in the fields:
- Your e-mail address
- In the dialog box add this information:
Chosen SCHEDULE: 11:00 am
HOW MANY people are you BOOKING FOR
1. - When we get your request, then we will ask if there is availability.
2. - A once confirmed there is availability, we will email you to proceed to the payment of the reservation.
3. - Click in the "Buy" button, and make the purchase.
4. - When we get the payment notice, will receive another confirmation email and will have completed the booking process.
NOTE: If the day you want is not available please contact us and let us know, we will be happy to help. Thank you very much.
“EUSKAL TXERRI” CURED ACORN HAM
240 /4 person
- "Urdapilleta" Jamón de Bellota - Cured Acorn Ham. Euskal Txerri, caserío ELOLA
- Guided visit
- A walk through the lands where the pigs graze freely.
- Urdapilleta family history. A name always linked to the Euskal Txerri breed.
- We will learn how they elaborate their hams.
- Tasting: Acorn cured ham, chorizo, salami and loin. Txakoli to drink.
- Private transportation FREE - 9 seater vehicle
Duration: 3h aprox
DEPARTURE: "Estación del Norte" TRAIN STATION of Donostia-San Sebastian
MORNING SCHEDULE: 11:00am
EVENING SCHEDULE: Let us know
MAX. 8 people MIN. 4 people
For larger groups please contact us.