We enter into the territory which can be considered as the ancient source from where has imbibed the Basque culture, Aralar Natural Park (at Sierra of Aralar). At 70 km from Donostia, here is saved part of the prehistory of Basque Country as evidenced by his more than sixty dolmens, tumuli, cromlechs and menhirs.
The Sierra of Aralar is a vast plateau shared between Guipúzcoa (about one third ) and Navarra ( the remaining two -thirds ). It is a large karstic massif, which translates into a rocky and chaotic landscape of limestone pavement, blind valleys, hills and lots of potholes and caves. At the same time, it is always a landscape of green meadows and beech that change color every season. As we have said before is one of the most important dolmen stations and also a focus of trekkers and mountain hiking.
Highlights the existence of the sanctuary in the mountains of San Miguel de Aralar (San Miguel in Excelsis ).
The most significant peaks are Irumugarrieta ( 1,431 m), Aldaon ( 1,411 m) Ganbo ( 1,402 m), Pardarri ( 1,393 m), Beoain ( 1,359 m), or Larrunarri Txindoki ( 1,346 m), Artxueta ( 1,343 m), Arrubi ( 1,299 m), Putterri ( 1,299 m) and Balerdi ( 1,195 m).
TO MAKE A BOOKING:
Choose the day by clicking on the booking calendar and the box will change to dark gray. Then send us your information by email by filling in the fields:
- Your e-mail address
- In the dialog box add this information:
HOW MANY PEOPLE are you booking for
1. - When we get your request, then we will check availability. The calendar box turns orange (pending)
2. - A once confirmed there is availability, we will email you to proceed to the payment of the reservation.
3. - Click in the "Buy" button, and make the purchase.
4. - When we get the payment notice, will receive another confirmation email and will have completed the booking process. The calendar box will turn red (occupied)
NOTE: If the selected day is not available please contact us and let us know, we will be happy to help. Thank you very much.
Aralar Natural Park
- 3h hiking in Aralar Natural Park. DIFICULTY: Easy
- Visit the San Miguel de Aralar Sactuary
- Typical basque meal in Baraibar village
- Private transportation FREE - 9 seater vehicle
Duration: 8h aprox.
START TIME. 08:00 a.m.
DEPARTURE: "Estación del Norte" TRAIN STATION of Donostia-San Sebastian
MAX. 8 people MIN. 4 people
For larger groups please contact us.
ALL YEAR AVAILABLE, EXCEPT IN WINTER (depends on weather)
Child / Young:
0-7 year = NO RECOMMENDED
8-14 year = 50€