Basque Rural Sport called those that have been practiced since time immemorial in the Basque Country. Many of them are unique and specific to our land. Most derived from daily work in the villages , practiced as a pastime and amusement of the people of the rural world. Over time, these works became a sport.
The term "Herri kirol" (Rural Sports in English ) is quite modern , in the Northern Basque Country is called " indar joko " (Game of force). The Basque Government established in its Strategic Plan 2006 that sports considered " Herri Kirol " were 18 , and the "brand" that is unlike the rest H18K:
1. Trunk cutters 2 . Mowing 3 . Stone lifting 4 . Tug of war (Sokatira) 5. Strength tests for men / women 6. Dragging stones with horses. 7. Dragging stones with bulls 8. Dragging stones with donkeys 9. Lifting bales of grass 10. Launch of bales 11. Collecting corn cobs peeled 12. Sawing 13. Race of bags 14 . Test force carriage 15 . Lifting of anvil 16 . Test force weight ( Txinga ) . 17 . Test force cup 18 . Rock Drilling
Besides these 18, there are other Rural Sports sometimes also considered "Herri Kirol":
Game of rams / Bucks game / Goose Game / Sheep dog contest / Bowling / Fishing boat regttas / Cockfighting / Lever launch / Pickup apple / Toca.
Come and meet all !
TO MAKE A BOOKING:
Choose the day by clicking on the booking calendar and the box will change to dark gray. Then send us your information by email by filling in the fields:
- Your e-mail address
- In the dialog box add this information:
HOW MANY PEOPLE are you booking for
1. - When we get your request, then we will check availability. The calendar box turns orange (pending)
2. - A once confirmed there is availability, we will email you to proceed to the payment of the reservation.
3. - Click in the "Buy" button, and make the purchase.
4. - When we get the payment notice, will receive another confirmation email and will have completed the booking process. The calendar box will turn red (occupied)
NOTE: If the selected day is not available please contact us and let us know, we will be happy to help. Thank you very much
- Guided visit to the most important Basque Sport events
- Private transportation FREE - 9 seater vehicle
Duration: Not specified
START TIME: WILL BE AGREED WITH THE CUSTOMER AT THE BOOKING
DEPARTURE: "Estación del Norte" TRAIN STATION of Donostia-San Sebastian
MAX. 8 people MIN. 2 people or 70€
For larger groups please contact us.
Child / Young:
0-3 year = FREE
4-14 year = 15€