Learn all about the CIDER with this EXPERIENCE.
We take you to the place with more cider tradition in all the Basque Country, Astigarraga. We will start the tour visiting the Sagardoetxea (Cider Museum) where they explain how and when performing the apple harvest , how to perform the pruning of apple , what tools were used in ancient times to make cider, how it is made today etc
After the guided tour you can taste different "pintxos" and drinks and liqueurs made with apple.
And after the museum visit we will go in a walk to a typical Cider House, living the EXPERIENCE of the cider.
The cider season, as it is popularly called, starts in January until well into May. At this time of year, all have their cider production in the barrels ready to be drunk with the typical cider house menu.
Today you can enjoy all year of this unique Basque tradition, because many cider houses remain open all the season.
# MENU SIDRERIA #
- COD OMELETTE
- FRIED COD with onion and green peppers
- CHULETON (RIB STEAK)
- IDIAZABAL CHEESE, QUINCE JAM AND WALNUTS.
- UNLIMITED CIDER, DIRECTLY FROM THE BARRELS
The mood and atmosphere are created in the cider house are unique; when the owner shouts "txooootx", everyone leaves the table for a moment and drinks directly from the barrels.
No matter when you visit us, you'll enjoy this EXPERIENCE at any time of year!
TO MAKE A BOOKING:
Choose the day by clicking on the booking calendar and the box will change to dark gray. Then send us your information by email by filling in the fields:
- Your e-mail address
- In the dialog box add this information:
Type of TOUR
Chosen SCHEDULE: 12:30 am / 19:00 pm
HOW MANY people are you BOOKING FOR
1. - When we get your request, then we will ask if there is availability in the cider house. The calendar box turns orange (pending)
2. - A once confirmed there is availability, we will email you to proceed to the payment of the reservation.
3. - Click in the "Buy" button, and make the purchase.
4. - When we get the payment notice, will receive another confirmation email and will have completed the booking process. The calendar box will turn red (occupied)
NOTE: If the day you want is not available please contact us and let us know, we will be happy to help. Thank you very much.
Calendario de reservas
CIDER HOUSE EXPERIENCE
- Cider Museum
- Four languages guided visit
- A tasting of pintxos, apple drinks and liquors
- Lunch or dinner at a traditional Cider House of Astigarraga
- Cider directly from the barrels
- Private transportation FREE - 9 seater vehicle
Duration: 4h aprox
DEPARTURE: "Estación del Norte" TRAIN STATION of Donostia-San Sebastian
MORNING SCHEDULE: 12:30am
EVENING SCHEDULE: 19:00am
MAX. 8 people MIN. 2 people
For larger groups please contact us.
CIDER MUSEUM CALENDAR:
Open Tuesday to Saturday MORNING AND AFTERNOON
Open Sundays and holidays MORNING ONLY
Closed on Mondays
July and August open EVERY DAY